Internet crime Lawyers
As the internet has improved our ability to interact and communicate, so has it become the subject of increased regulation and the conduit for an increasing number of offences from those involving pornography and indecent images to those involving libel and hate-speech, through to technical crimes like illegal downloading and ‘hacking’. Our internet crime lawyers at Graham Walker Solicitors are experts in defending people accused of internet crimes. We are available 24/7 and are registered with the Scottish Legal Aid Board.
Internet Crimes FAQ
Given the wide range of offences which can be committed on the internet, it is important that you seek out a specialist IT/internet crime law firm.
The law relating to internet offences is in a constant state of flux as courts and Parliament struggle to keep pace with technological change. Sometimes known as ‘internet crime’, ‘cybercrime’ or ‘computer crime’, the pace of change can make it difficult for accused persons to know what the law is at any given moment.
We have can defend our clients against charges of:
- Terrorism-related online offences
- Identity Theft and ‘phishing’
- Illegal downloading (copyright theft)
- Spreading malicious content (viruses and other programs)
- Offences related to online pornography and indecent images
- Offences related to social media – libel, bullying and ‘hate speech’ related offences including racist and sectarian speech
This is a fast-growing, serious and sensitive area of law and one which requires expert handling, particularly in relation to pornography and child pornography-related offences. Our internet crime lawyers are on hand 24/7 to take your call and start your defence today.